- includes timely information, proper equipment, adequate staffing, encouragement, and adminstrative administrative assistance.
climate of trust
- leadership and structure- teams cant function if they cant agree on whos to do what and ensure all members share the workload. agreeing on specifics of work and how they fit together to intergrate individual skilss requires leadership and structure.
- leadership is especially important in multi-team systems, teams coordinate efforts to produce a desire outcome.
- members of effective teams trust each other. trust in their leaders. trust among members facilitates copperation, reduces the need to monitor each others behavior, and bonds members around the belief that others on the team wont take advantage of them.
peformance and evaluation
- group based appraisals profit sharing, gainsharing, small group incentives and other system modifications can reinforce team effort and commitment.