The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Ordinary World
- In the ordinary world before the story begins.
- Call to Adventure
- Hero is presented with problem, challenge, or adventure.
- Refusal of the Call
- Hero refuses adventure, usually because he or she is afraid.
- Meeting With the Mentor
- Hero meets mentor to gain advice or training for the adventure.
- Crossing the First Threshold
- Hero leaves ordinary world and enters special world.
- Tests, Allies, and Enemies
- Hero faces tests, meets allies, confronts enemies, and learns rules of the special world.
- Approach to the Inmost Cave
- Hero faces setbacks.
- The biggest life or death crisis.
- Hero has survived near death, overcomes his fear, and gains the reward.
- Road Back
- Hero must return to the ordinary world.
- Hero again faces death.
- Hero must use everything he has learned.
- Return with Elixir
- Hero returns with "elixir" and uses it to help everyone in the ordinary world.
- 1. Ordinary World
- 2. Call to Adventure
- 3. Refusal of the Call
- 4. Meeting with the Mentor
- 5. Crossing the First Threshold
- 6. Tests, Allies, Enemies
- 7. Approach to the Inmost Cave
- 8. Ordeal
- 9. Reward
- 10. Road Back
- 11. Resurrection
- 12. Return with the Elixir