Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
First step in stress management.
identify the source of the stress.
Give an example of a refusal skill to avoid stress.
Ways to manage stress:
- change your perception (learn from it)
- plan ahead,
- get enough sleep
- get regular physical activity
- eat nutritiously
- avoid tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs
Why should you plan ahead to manage stress.
- recognize problems that might occur,
- prepares you for unexpected changes,
Why does getting adequate sleep help manage stress.
- not enough hurts concentration,
- 8-9 hours helps you face challenges,
- better mood,
- think more clearly,
- look and feel better,
- improve chances for success
How does physical activity manage stress.
jogging, walking, cleaning helps release pent-up energy.
Poor nutrition leads to:
fatigue, weakness, reduced concentration, poor absorption of vitamins and minerals,
Eating nutritious Food helps manage stress.
What are three nutrition tips when dealing with stress?
- Eat regular meals
- Limit "comfort" foods
- Limit caffeine
redirecting your energy,
relaxing and laughing,
keeping a positive outlook,
seeking out support,
Give an example of redirecting your energy.
- work on a creative project
- go jogging
both release your nervous energy
Give an example of relaxing and laughing to manage stress.
- deep breathing
- thinking pleasant thoughts
- laughing lowers blood pressure
Give examples of seeking out support.
confide in someone you trust
helps you feel better about it.
What are 3 personal causes of stress.
- life events
- physical stressors
- daily hassles
What are life events.
- getting drivers license
- major illness
What are physical stressors.
- lack of rest
- drug use
- excessive dieting/exercising
What are daily hassles.
- time pressures