The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
First step in stress management.
identify the source of the stress.
Give an example of a refusal skill to avoid stress.
Ways to manage stress:
- change your perception (learn from it)
- plan ahead,
- get enough sleep
- get regular physical activity
- eat nutritiously
- avoid tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs
Why should you plan ahead to manage stress.
- recognize problems that might occur,
- prepares you for unexpected changes,
Why does getting adequate sleep help manage stress.
- not enough hurts concentration,
- 8-9 hours helps you face challenges,
- better mood,
- think more clearly,
- look and feel better,
- improve chances for success
How does physical activity manage stress.
jogging, walking, cleaning helps release pent-up energy.
Poor nutrition leads to:
fatigue, weakness, reduced concentration, poor absorption of vitamins and minerals,
Eating nutritious Food helps manage stress.
What are three nutrition tips when dealing with stress?
- Eat regular meals
- Limit "comfort" foods
- Limit caffeine
redirecting your energy,
relaxing and laughing,
keeping a positive outlook,
seeking out support,
Give an example of redirecting your energy.
- work on a creative project
- go jogging
both release your nervous energy
Give an example of relaxing and laughing to manage stress.
- deep breathing
- thinking pleasant thoughts
- laughing lowers blood pressure
Give examples of seeking out support.
confide in someone you trust
helps you feel better about it.
What are 3 personal causes of stress.
- life events
- physical stressors
- daily hassles
What are life events.
- getting drivers license
- major illness
What are physical stressors.
- lack of rest
- drug use
- excessive dieting/exercising
What are daily hassles.
- time pressures