HEALTH CHP 8 LNS 4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
building blocks or development that help young people grow up as healthy, caring, and responsible individuals.
Two factors that affect resiliency.
Hint: Ex and In
- external factors
- internal factors
Which do you have the most control over?
External or Internal factors
How does a commitment to learning affect resiliency?
- increases self-esteem and
- sense of belonging
How do positive values affect resiliency?
- feel good about yourself
- and decisions you make
How does social competency affect resiliency?
- you have empathy and friendship skills
- resist negative peer pressure
- resolve conflicts
How does positive identity affect resiliency?
- positive self-esteem
- sense of purpose
- positive view of your future
- recover more easily from setbacks
Eight ways to build resiliency by strengthening your protective factors.
- 1. extra-curricular activities
- 2. commit to learning
- 3. stand up for your beliefs/values
- 4. be honest
- 5. resist negative peer pressure
- 6. learn about other cultures/ethnic
- 7. develop a sense of purpose
- 8. develop a positive outlook
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview