Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Medical disorders that impact the psychological well-being of a person
- CV disease - 15% develop form of PTSD after MI; 2-5x more likely to die in one year if have depression
- ADHD - inability to finish tasks, restlessness; tx: Ritalin
- Gender identity disorder
- Sexual problems
- Why ask? important part of people's lives; some meds decrease libido
Sexual response cycle
- Can occur at anytime of cycle
- Sexual dysfunction - ask if having any side effects of meds
- Gender identity disorder - strong and persistent cross-gender identification; becomes very uncomfortable with own gender at puberty
- Paraphilias - sexual behaviors that fall outside of the realm of what is defined as culturally normal
- Fetishism - sexual focus on objects
- Pedophilia - sexual arousal with children under the age of 16
- Exhibitionism - intentional display of genitalia in public places
- Voyeurism - "peeping tom"
- Frotteurism - occurs more freq in crowded areas; rubbing genitalia on other people
- Telephone scatalogia - obscene phone calls
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview