BIO Quiz 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are four things that have changed our cultures gut microbs?
- •Consuming cleaner water and food;
- •Increased C-section;
- •Increased usage of antibiotic pills and wipes
- •More long distance travel and re-allocation
Who discovered micro nutrients?
Who is Justus von Liebig?
application of the Law of the Minimum to nutrition science
Who is Casimir Funk?
Vitamin Theory 1911
What changes did the end of WWII bring?
the final triumph of food reductionism and nutritionism
What are three main aspects of the move from nutrition science to nutrition industry?
- Take out bad nutrients, add good nutrients
- Eat food to eat nutrients
- Food industry has added nutrients and health claims
who is the father of the green revolution?
Who created DDT?
What are five environmental consequences of using fertilizer?
- • Pesticide bioaccumulation and resistance
- • Eutrophication
- • Soil degradation
- • Loss of wild-biodiversity
- • Loss of agro-biodiversity and genetic diversity
Who is Nikolai Vivolov?
creator of gene banks
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview