Know the Shipley-2 in detail (use the slides
that we went over in class after taking it): original use, actual use,
subtests, scores obtained, factors affecting performance, psychometric
- use: measure intellectual
- Use: measure of general intellectual functioning in edu, counseling,
- personnel, and research settings.
- Subtests: vocabulary and abs traction OR vocab &
- block patterns
- Obtained: added both subtests, M=
- 100 SD=15
- affecting performance: heavily dependent on verbal ability. Not appropriate
- for: non-native English speakers, individuals with difficulty reading.
- Abstraction score affected by motivation/attention, and working memory.
- properties: has improved since it
- first came out, good diverse standardized population.