Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
3.9.5 Shutdown Cooling (SDC) and Coolant Circulation - Low Water Level
LCO 3.9.5 Two SDC trains shall be OPERABLE, and one SDC train shall be in operation.
APP: MODE 6 with the refueling cavity water level < 647 ft elevation.
- A. One SDC train inoperable.
- -A.1 Initiate action to restore SDC train to OPERABLE status.-IMMEDIATELY
- -A.2 Initiate action to establish the refueling cavity water level ≥ 647 ft elevation.
- B. No SDC train OPERABLE or in operation.
- -B.1 Suspend operations involving a reduction in primary coolant boron concentration. IMMEDIATELY
- -B.2 Initiate action to restore one SDC train to OPERABLE status and to operation. IMMEDIATELY
- -B.3 Initiate action to close all containment penetrations providing direct access from containment atmosphere to outside atmosphere. IMMEDIATELY
What is the purpose of the shutdown cooling system?
- The SDC system is a portion of the safety injection system
- -removes PCS decay heat during Rx S/D
- -maintains suitable temperature for refueling and maintenance
- Designed to cool the PCS from 300oF to refueling temperature assuming a CCW inlet temperature of 90oF.
What are the setpoints for RV-0402 and RV-0403, SDC HX tube side reliefs?
- 500 psig
- -protects the tube side of the SDC heat exchangers and piping from overpressure due to ambient temperature rise in the safeguards rooms.
- -relieves to the safeguards sump.
What is the power supply for HIC-0325A/B, SDC temperature controllers?
What are the power supplies for MO-3015/3016, LPSI pump suctions from the PCS?
Why must power be maintained to at least one valve(MO-3015/3016) when the PCS is pressurized?
To maintain the ability to isolate RV-3164,SDC relief, if it fails open.
What are the SDC requirements when we are in reduced inventory?
- Both trains of SDC shall be operable prior to entry into reduced inventory.
- The operating SDC pump shall not be switched unless required by ONP-17 "loss of SDC"
- -may be waived by the ops superintendent
CV-0937/0938, SDC Hx cooling inlets
- Fail open on a loss of air/DC power
- CV-0937 opens on right channel SIAS
- CV-0938 opens on left channel SIAS
- -valves cannot be closed until SIAS is reset
- -ensures at least 1 SDC Hx is available during all accident scenarios
- Operated from C-08 or C-33
3.9.4 Shutdown Cooling (SDC) and Coolant Circulation - High Water Level
LCO 3.9.4 One SDC train shall be OPERABLE and in operation.
- 1. The required SDC train may not be in operation for ≤ 1 hour per 8 hour period, provided no operations are permitted that would cause reduction of the Primary Coolant System boron concentration.
- 2. The required SDC train may be made inoperable for ≤ 2 hours per 8 hour period for testing or maintenance, provided one SDC train is in operation providing flow through the reactor core, and core outlet temperature is ≤ 200°F.
APP: MODE 6 with the refueling cavity water level ≥ 647 ft elevation.
- A. One required SDC train inoperable or not in operation.
- -A.1 Initiate action to restore SDC train to OPERABLE status and operation. IMMEDIATELY
- -A.2 Suspend operations involving a reduction in primary coolant boron concentration. IMMEDIATELY
- -A.3 Suspend loading irradiated fuel assemblies in the core. IMMEDIATELY
- -A.4 Close all containment penetrations providing direct access from containment atmosphere to outside atmosphere. WITHIN 4 HOURS
What is the interlock for MO-3015/3016, LPSI pump suction valves from the PCS?
- Prevents opening MO-3015/3016 if PCS pressure is greater than 275 psia (260 psig) as sensed by PS-0104A/B
- -protects overpressurizing the low pressure injection piping (rated for 300 psig)
- -will not auto close the valves if pressure goes back above 275 psia
What is the power supply for FIC-0306, CV-3006 SDC flow control valve controller?
What is the setpoint for RV-0401, SDC from PCS relief?
- 2485 psig
- -protects the piping between MO-3015 and MO-3016 during a plant heatup/pressurization
- -relieves to the PSDT
What is the setpoint for RV-3164, SDC suction relief valve?
- 300 psig
- -relieves to the quench tank T-73
- -protects the SDC suction piping
Why must the PCS pressure be maintained <265 psia and PCS temperature <300oF while SDC is in service?
265 psia maintains your pressure less than the LTOP pretrip alarm
How does CV-3025, SDC temperature control valve, fail on a loss of air/loss of controller and why?
- Fails closed
- This is the safety position for containment spray during a CHP
How does CV-3055, inlet to SDC HX, fail on a loss of air?
Fails as is
How does CV-3006, SDC bypass valve, fail and why for a loss of air/controller?
- Fails open
- This is the fail safe position for the LPSI pumps during a SIAS
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview