Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Difference between a branchial cleft cyst and a thyroglossal cyst?
- thyroglossal is in midline moves with swallowing
- Branchial cleft cyst is on the lateral side of SCM
Pathophisiology of A migraine?
- Nuclei release substance P, neurokinin which simtulate 5HT and NE from raphe and L.cerelus.
- 5HT and NE stimulate COX to release PG-->sterile inflammation of trigeminal nerve---> perceived by nociceptors--->headache
Tx for Migraine?
WHat precipitates a Cluster Headache?
To be classified as a cluster headache what else must be there?
headache + autonomic dysfunction-ptosis, sweating, drooling
Tx for trigeminal Neuralgia?
What other condition accompanies Temporal(Giant Cell) arteritis?
Why is the weight loss in Temporal arteritis?
Headache +vision loss?
- temporal arteritis
transient vision loss due to ischemia as in temporal cell arteritis
Elevated optic disk, Bilateral papilledema, headache in an obese close to menopause woman?
Psedotumor cerebri is due to what?
WHat polyposis syndrome is associatd with brain tumors?
Turcots---+ medulloblastoma and glioblastoma multiforme
WHich NF is associated with optic gliomas/hamartomas?
bilateral acoustic shwanomma?
- NF1-optic glioma
- NF2--bilateral acoustic shwanommas
Headache that resolves on laying down is caused by what?
Triad of Menier's?
- Sensoryneuronal hearing loss
inflammation of uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix, ovaries
mass around the ovaries
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview