The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- an object consisting of a round hollow part and a handle, used for mixing, serving and eating food
- a soup spoon
- a tea spoon
a tool, usually with a metal blade and a handle, used for cutting and spreading food or other substances, or as a weapon:
- a fish/butter/steak knife
- I prefer to use a knife and fork.
- He drew/pulled a knife and stabbed her..
- a flat, usually round dish with a slightly raised edge that you eat from or serve food from:
- paper/plastic/china plates
- a dinner/salad plate
- clean/dirty plates
- a small object with three or four points and a handle, that you use to pick up food and eat with:
- a knife and fork.
- - cái nĩa
- - chặc cây
- - chỗ ngã ba
- - chia ngã, chia ngả
- a small square piece of cloth or paper used while you are eating for protecting your clothes or to clean your mouth or fingers
- a small curved plate which you put a cup on:
- a cup and saucer
- She gave the cat a saucer of milk (= a small amount of milk on a saucer).
- - đĩa nhỏ nông, để đựng chén, đĩa
- a large cup with straight sides used for hot drinks:I made myself a large mug of cocoa (= enough to fill a mug) and went to bed
- - nước giải khát
- - ca,chén, vại
- - thằng ngốc, thằng khờ, thằng đần
- - tay mới, lính mới
- a round container that is open at the top and is deep enough to hold fruit, sugar, etc., or the rounded inside part of something:
- a soup/cereal/salad/sugar bowl
- a bowl of soup/rice/porridge
- She eats a bowl (= the contents of a bowl) of cereal every morning.
- a seat for one person, which has a back, usually four legs, and sometimes two arms
- - ghế
- - chứ giáo sư đại học
- - chức chủ toạ, chủ trì
- - chức thị trưởng
- - ghế điện
- a greyish black or creamy coloured powder produced by crushing dry peppercorns, which is used to give a spicy hot taste to food:
- - hạt tiêu, hồ tiêu
- - cây ớt, trái ớt, quả ớt ngọt
- - rắc tiêu vào, cho ớt vào
- - rải nên, rắc nên , ném nên
- - bắn tới tấp, bắn như mưa
- - trừng phạt nghiêm khắc
- a common white substance found in sea water and in the ground, which is used especially to add flavour to food or to preserve it:
- salt and pepper
- Can you pass the salt please?
- - Muối ăn
- - chất đậm đà
- - sự châm trọc, sự sắc sảo, sự hóm hỉnh, sự ý nhị
- - phù thuỷ có kinh nghiệm
- - phù thuỷ lão luyện
- - đất ngập mặn
- a usually cylindrical piece of wax with a wick (= piece of string) in the middle of it which produces light as it slowly burns:
- Shall I light a candle?
- The old man was carrying a load of sticks.Police said that the child had been beaten with a stick
- a container for holding flowers or for decoration:
- a vase of flowers
- - vò, hũ, bát, chén
- - bình, lọ ( để cắm hoa hoặc để trang trí )
- a large plate used for serving food or a meal with one type of food served on a large plate:
- a fish platter
a piece/length of cloth
- - vải
- - khăn trải bàn
- - áo thầy tu
- a decorative light which hangs from the ceiling and has several branch-like parts for holding bulbs or, especially in the past, candles
- - đèn treo nhiều ngọn nến
- - đèn trùm
- - bình đựng chất lỏng
- - người bán hàng ngoài vỉa hè
Pot ( container )
There's plenty of cupboard space in the kitchen for all your pots and pans.
- - bình, lọ, chậu, hũ, bô
- - bụng phệ
- She was carrying a tray of drinks.