Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "ultrasoundlessons.com"
- tags "Vascular system"
- description ""
- fileName "Vascular system"
- freezingBlueDBID -1.0
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- 1.5 increase of normal diameter
Communication between two blood vessels without any intervening capillary network
AO - aorta
- Largest arterial structure in the body
- Arises from left ventricle
- Supply blood to the head, upper and lower extrimeties, and abdoninopelvic cavity
Vascular structure that carry blood away from the heart
- Disease of arterial vessels
- Thickening, hardening, and loss of elasticity of arterial walls
Comunication between an artery and vein
Irregularity of aortic wall because of plaque formation
Thrombosis of the hepatic veins
Minute vessels that connect the arterial and venous system
Cavernous transformation of the portal vein
Periportal collateral channels in patients with chronic portal vein obstruction
Common hepatic artery
Arises from the celiac trunk to supply the liver
Common iliac arteries
Bifurication of abdominal aorta at the level of umbilicus into common iliac arteries for blood supply of lower extremities
Cystic medial necrosis
Weakening of the arterial wall
Tear in intima or intima and media of the abdominal aorta
Doppler sample volume
Selection of exact site of Doppler signal record
Circumferential enlargement of a vessel with tapering at both ends
GDA - gastroduodenal artery
Branch of common hepatic artery that supplies stomach and duodenum
HV - hepatic veins
Three large veins that drain the liver and empty into IVC at the level of the diaphragm
Away from the liver
Towards the liver
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview