Immunology Chapter 5
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The complement system is:
- a. A heat labile series of plasma proteins.
- b. Composed of many proteinases
- c. composed of three interrelated pathways.
- d. all the above
All the following are complement-controlling proteins excepts:
- a. C1 (INH)
- b. Factor I.
- c. Factor H.
- d. C3.
Various cell types express surface membrane glycoproteins that react with one or more of the fragments of_________produced during complement activation and degradaton.
all the following result from complement activation except:
- a. Decreased cell susceptibility to phagocytosis.
- b. Blood vessel dilation and increased vascular permeability.
- c. Production of inflammatory mediators.
- d. Cytolysis or hemolysis.
Complete the following activation sequence of the classic complement pathway:
which complement component is present in the greatest quantity in plasma?
Arrange the three stages of the classic complement pathways in their corrct sequence.
- - Recognition
- -Enzymatic activation
- -Membrane attack
Fixation of the C1 complement component is related to each of the following factors except:
- a. Molecular weight of the antibody.
- b. The presence of IgM antibody.
- c. The presence of most IgG subclasses.
- d. Spatial constraints.
At which stage does the complement system reach its full amplitude?
Which of the following is not a component of the membrane attack complex?
The final steps (c8 and C9) in complement activation lead to :
Select the appropriate pathway response:
____Activated by antigen-antibody complexes
_____Generates a C3 convertase
_____Activated by microbial and mammalian cell surfaces
______Terminates in a membrane attack complex
- a. Classic pathway
- b. Alternative pathway
- c. Both a and b
The alternate complement pathway is/can be:
- a. Initiated by the formation of antigen-antibody reactions.
- b. Predominantly a non-antibody-initiated pathway
- c. Activated by factors such as endotoxins.
- d. Both b and c
which of the following conditions can be associated with hypercomplementemia?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview