Lit. The Awakening Vocab
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- adj.-Moving or jumping from one thing to another; disconnected
- Robert and his mother exchanged bits of desultory conversation
- adj.-impulsive and unpredictable
- The curtins flapped at the capricious will of a stiff breeze.
- adj.-Characterized by sudden and forceful energy or emotion; impulsive and passionate
- The parrot had an impetuous outburst.
- adj.-Charming, interesting, or attractive
- She had a round, sly, piquant face and pretty black eyes
- Expressing disapproval or criticism*
- The girl was deprecatory at one moment, appealing to Robert.
- A cause of anxiety or concern
- Edna couldn't sit through the service. Robert was full of solicitude.
- adv.-Beginning to exist or appear
- She recognized the feeling she had like she had felt incipiently as a child.
- n.-liveliness or briskness
- The quadroom assumed a fictitious animation and alacrity for the occasion
- adj.-Spacious, roomy; convenient
- They lived in commodious apartments above the store.
- n.-a feeling of listlessness and general dissatisfaction resulting from lack of activity or excitement
- The condition of life wasn't for her, and she could see it in an appalling and hopeless ennui.
- adj.-extravagantly demonstrative of emotion; gushing
- Her eyes beamed with effusive welcome.
- adj.-Profoundly moving; touching
- The song had poignant longing.
- n.-Foolhardy disregard of danger; recklessness
- He stared up disapprovingly, wondering who had the temerity to disturb him so late at night.
- uneasy; shaking, trembling
- She seemed palpitant with the forces of life.
- n.- A conscious choice or decision
- Her feelings for robert were independent of volition.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview