membrane lipids & cholesterol
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the only antigenic human glycerophospholipid?
- activates IgG & IgM
What is Cytidine Triphosphate?
provides energy to convert phosphatidate to phospholipids
What is dipalmitoylphosphatydylcholine (DPPC)?
- major constituent of surfactant
- at 36 wks should be 2x's sphingomyelin
removes FA from C2 & releases arachadonic acid
releases PO4 w/head group, leaving diacylglycerol
- releases head group from PO4
- acts in "Salvage Pathway" - remove 1 head group in order to add another
What inhibits PLA2?
Rate-limiting step in Cholesteral synthesis?
Rate-limiting step in Bile Acid synthesis?
What are the secondary bile acids?
- Deoxycholic acid
- Lithocholic acid
- (reabsorped w/in Portal System to inhibit 7α-hydroxylase)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview