Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Arise - Arose - Arisen
- Should the opportunity arise, I'd love to go to China.
- Could you work on Saturday, should the need arise (= if it were to be necessary)
- - xuất hiện, nảy sinh, xảy ra
- - phát sinh, do, bởi
- - sống lại, hồi sinh
- - mọc lên, trở dậy
Awake - Awoke - Awoken
- not sleeping:
- "Is Oliver awake yet?" "Yes, he's wide (= completely) awake and running around his bedroom."
- I find it so difficult to stay awake during history lessons.
- I drink a lot of coffee to keep me awake.
- She used to lie awake at night worrying about how to pay the bills.
- - thôi ngủ, đánh thức, thức giấc
- - tỉnh, thức, không ngủ
- - nhận thức, nhận thức rõ
Be - Was/ Were - Been (DESCRIPTION)
- - thì, là
- - có, tồn tại, ở, sống
- - trở nên, trở thành
- - xảy ra, diễn ra
- - giá
- - định, sẽ
Bear - Bore - Borne
- to hold or support something:
- The chair, too fragile to bear her weight, collapsed..
- - mang, vác, đội, đeo, ôm,
- - chịu đựng
- + to bear part of the expenses
Beat - Beat - Beaten ( Hit )
- They saw him beating his dog with a stick.
- The child had been brutally/savagely beaten.
- She was beaten to death.
Begin - Began - Begun
-I began the book six months ago, but I can't seem to finish it.
- I have so much to tell you, I don't know where to begin.
- What time does the concert begin?
- The bridge was begun five years ago and the estimated cost has already doubled.
- The film they want to watch begins at seven.
- If you want to learn to play a musical instrument, it might be a good idea to begin on something simple.
- - bắt đầu, mở đầu, khởi đầu
Bid - Bade/ Bid - Bidden/ Bid ( Offer )
- to offer a particular amount of money for something which is for sale and compete against other people to buy it, especially at a public sale of goods or property:
- She knew she couldn't afford it, so she didn't bid.
- The communications group has shown an interest in bidding for the company.
- - giá được đưa ra để mua cái gì
- - đấu thầu
- - gắng sức, lỗ lực
Bind - Bound - Bound ( Tie )
- to tie tightly or to fasten :
- They bound the packages with brightly coloured ribbon
- Bind together the two broken ends.
- The prisoner was bound hand and foot.
- - trói buộc
- - ràng buộc
- - chấp nhận
- - thừa nhận
- - kết lại với nhau, kết thành khối rắn
Bite - Bit - Bitten ( Amount )
- to use your teeth to cut into something or someone:
- He bit into the apple.
- An insect bit me on the arm.
- He bites his fingernails.
- - cắn, ngoạn
- - châm, đốt, nuốt
- - miếng, thức ăn
- - sự đau nhức, sự nhức nhối
- - sự châm điếm, sự chua cay