Photosynthesis - Absorption, Transmission and Reflection of light by a leaf
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What can happen to light striking the surface of a leaf?
- It can:
- bounce off the surface - reflection
- pass into the leaf and be converted into other forms of energy - absorption
- pass through the leaf unaffected - transmission
A shiny leaf will ______ more light?
A thick dark leaf will _____ more light?
A thin pale leaf will ____ more light?
What happens to the light that is absorbed by the plant?
- It is:
- converted into heat and energy and lost through radiation or transpiration (most of the light)
- converted into useful chemical energy by the plant (very little light)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview