The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1. Takes or verbalizes BSI precautions
- 2. Determines if scene is safe
- 3. Determines the mechanisms of injury
- 4. Determines the number of patients
- 5. Requests additional help if necessary
- 6. Considers stabilization of spine.
- 1. Verbalizes general impression of the patient.
- 2. Determines responsiveness/LOC
- 3. Determines chief complaint
- 4. Assesses airway and breathing
- 5. Assesses Circulation
- 6. Identifies priority patients
Four things you can ask to check memory and thinking ability
- 1. Patient name
- 2. Where are they
- 3. Time/year/date
- 4. What happened
What does PEARRL stand for
- P Puples
- E Equal
- A And
- R Round
- R Regular
- L React to light
When assessing the patients breathing what are some things you can ask yourself?
- 1. Is the patient choking
- 2. Respiratory rate too slow/fast
- 3. Respirations deep/shallow
- 4. Abnormal or normal lung sounds
- 5. Are both lungs moving equally