- Supply officers or Material Control officers of aviation
- activities will be responsible for flight packets for issue to pilots making
- extended flights. These flight packets will contain instructions to assist
- pilots of aircraft involved in extended flights to obtain material or services
- which may be necessary for the continuation of a flight. Custody and issue control
- of flight packets will be as prescribed by the CO. Flight packets will be
- inventoried by the Supply Officer or Material Control Officer when returned
- after each extended flight and at least weekly. Strict accountability will be
- established for control of the Purchase Order/Invoice/Voucher (SF 44) by the
- preprinted number on the document. Each aircraft making an extended flight will
- be provided with a flight packet containing, as a minimum, the following listed
- (a) Procurement documents:
- 1) DOD Single Line Item Requisition System Document (DD
- 1348) (6 part) to requisition repair parts and other materials for in-plane
- servicing during extended flights.
- 2) Purchase Order/Invoice/Voucher (SF 44) to procure
- supplies and services from commercial concerns and government sources.
- 3) DD 1896 (white identaplate) or DD 1897 (purple
- identaplate) to procure jet fuel or aviation gasoline from commercial airports
- holding DLA into-plane refueling contracts and most DOD activities.
- (b) Instructions for safeguarding and shipping damaged
(c) Instructions for procuring services and supplies.
(d) Statement of Witness (SF 94).
(e) Claim of Damage or Injury (SF 95).
(f) VIDS/MAF (OPNAV 4790/60).
- (g) Applicable daily and turnaround inspection MRCs.
- (h) Fuel Sample Log Sheets.
- (i) At least three oil sample results for aircraft on
- extended cross country flights.