Describe the purpose of the following intermediate
maintenance activity's NALCOMIS subsystems:
a. Maintenance activity
b. Configuration status accounting
c. Personnel management
d. Asset management
e. Material requirement processing
f. System support
g. Data off-load/on-load
h. Technical publications
- a. Maintenance activity Allows maintenance personnel to document maintenance
- actions, order parts, maintain individual component repair list data, and
- request inquiries. Actual documentation requirements such as validation
- specifications, form descriptions, and field entry requirements are contained
- in this and other instructions. Any NALCOMIS IMA specific documentation
- requirements are covered in the detailed description of each function or
- b. Configuration status accounting Contains 3 sections: Aircraft Engines, Support
- Equipment, and Technical Directives.
- c. Personnel management Contains information on assigned military and
- civilian personnel. The information is used for workload management and to
- verify authorization for discrepancy signoffs, QA inspections, MAF reviews, and
- other job related functions.
- d. Asset management
- Contains the functions required to maintain inventory and utilization data for
- Support Equipment and IMRL items.
- e. Material requirement processing Covers material requirements generated by maintenance
- customers at the O-level and I-level. These requirements include repairable
- components, consumable repair parts, and indirect material support items.
- f. System support
- Permits the user to see a list of the on-screen messages that are waiting
- action. It uses on-line functions to review the requests for reports, and to
- release them for subsequent printing.
- g. Data off-load/on-load Used to generate files, reports, and documents for
- data off-load/on-load. These items accompany temporarily transferred Support
- Equipment and personnel and permanently transferred SE, either to or from
- h. Technical publications provides an automated technical library tracking