Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
What functional requirements of the Naval
Aviation Maintenance Program(NAMP) are satisfied by the organizational
maintenance activity's NALCOMIS?
- To improve mission
- capability, improve aircraft maintenance and supply support. To improve upline
- reporting to satisfy Department of Defense program requirements, and modernize
- management support.
What functional requirements of the NAMP are satisfied
by the intermediate maintenance activity's NALCOMIS?
- Provides the capability to
- manage maintenance and supply functions and processes by allowing system users
- to enter, collect, process, store, review, and report information required by
- the organization.
Describe the purpose of the following organizational
maintenance activity's NALCOMIS subsytems:
f. Data analysis
h. Ad hoc query
- a. Maintenance
- Collects and processes
- maintenance related data and provides data to other subsystems on the data
- b. Flight
- Collects and processes flight
- related data.
- c. Logs/records
- Establishes and maintains
- configuration profiles for engines, aircraft, and any Aeronautical Equipment
- Service Record (AESR) records.
- d. Personnel
- Reserved for future use. Can
- be used to monitor qualifications.
- e. Assets
- Processes inventory and
- inspection criteria for support equipment and Aviation Life Support Systems
- f. Data analysis
- Approves or disapproves
- Maintenance Action Forms (MAF's), Naval Flight Records (NAVFLIRS), for upline
- g. Reports
- Selects and produces various
- h. Ad hoc query
- Creates user-specific needed
- or requested reports.
Describe the purpose of the following intermediate
maintenance activity's NALCOMIS subsystems:
a. Maintenance activity
b. Configuration status accounting
c. Personnel management
d. Asset management
e. Material requirement processing
f. System support
g. Data off-load/on-load
h. Technical publications
- a. Maintenance activity Allows maintenance personnel to document maintenance
- actions, order parts, maintain individual component repair list data, and
- request inquiries. Actual documentation requirements such as validation
- specifications, form descriptions, and field entry requirements are contained
- in this and other instructions. Any NALCOMIS IMA specific documentation
- requirements are covered in the detailed description of each function or
- b. Configuration status accounting Contains 3 sections: Aircraft Engines, Support
- Equipment, and Technical Directives.
- c. Personnel management Contains information on assigned military and
- civilian personnel. The information is used for workload management and to
- verify authorization for discrepancy signoffs, QA inspections, MAF reviews, and
- other job related functions.
- d. Asset management
- Contains the functions required to maintain inventory and utilization data for
- Support Equipment and IMRL items.
- e. Material requirement processing Covers material requirements generated by maintenance
- customers at the O-level and I-level. These requirements include repairable
- components, consumable repair parts, and indirect material support items.
- f. System support
- Permits the user to see a list of the on-screen messages that are waiting
- action. It uses on-line functions to review the requests for reports, and to
- release them for subsequent printing.
- g. Data off-load/on-load Used to generate files, reports, and documents for
- data off-load/on-load. These items accompany temporarily transferred Support
- Equipment and personnel and permanently transferred SE, either to or from
- h. Technical publications provides an automated technical library tracking
Explain the purpose of a Maintenance Action Form(MAF)
as applied to NALCOMIS documentation.
- Used to document maintenance
- actions to on-equipment maintenance actions. Used to document maintenance as
- preventative maintenance, such as corrosion prevention and treatment. Also used
- to document the removal/installation, and processing of a repairable component
- or item to an Aviation Intermediate Maintenance Department (AIMD) or On Site
- Storeroom (OSS).
Explain the following blocks on a MAF to be utilized
as data fields in NALCOMIS:
a. Work Unit Code (WUC)
b. Job Control Number (JCN)
c. Maintenance Action Form (MAF) Control Number (MCN)
d. Discrepancy block
e. Corrective action block
f. When Discovered (W/D) code
g. Type Equipment (TYPE EQUIP) code
h. Type Maintenance (T/M) code
- a. Work Unit Code (WUC)
- Identifies the system or
- subsystem being worked upon.
- b. Job Control Number (JCN)
- A 9, 10, or 11-character
- code. Serves as a base for Maintenance Data Reporting (MDR) and maintenance
- control procedures.
- c. Maintenance Action Form (MAF) Control Number (MCN)
- A 7-character alpha/numeric
- code assigned by the system that serves as a base for Maintenance Data Reports
- and maintenance control procedures. Tracks MAF's through the maintenance
- d. Discrepancy block
- A narrative description of a
- reported discrepancy.
- e. Corrective action block
- A narrative description of
- the corrective action taken on a discrepancy.
- f. When Discovered (W/D) code
- A single alpha-character,
- indicating when the need for maintenance was discovered.
- g. Type Equipment (TYPE EQUIP) code
- Identifies the type of
- equipment being worked on.
- h. Type Maintenance (T/M) code
- A one-character alpha or
- numeric code used to describe the type work being performed.
What is a Special Maintenance
- Used to screen the levels of
- security. It determines which screens or parts of the NALCOMIS an individual
- has access to.
Discuss the security considerations that apply to an
individual's NALCOMIS log in and password.
- a. Protect your password. b.
- Do not share, loan, or write down your password. c. Protect passwords from
- unauthorized viewing. d. Do not leave your terminal or computer while logged
- in; always log off when complete. e. Know who the security personnel are.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview