Made of phospholipids and proteins
. Retain cell contents
, controls what enters cells, recognises molecules & gives cell some support
- Nucleus: control centre of the cell.
- · Contains a double membrane with nuclear pores
- · Contains DNA & a definite number of chromosomes depending on organism
- · Genes randomly located on chromosomes & inform cell how to make certain proteins
- · Chromatin: chromosomes when they are not dividing
Area in the nucleus where ribosomes
Liquid that surrounds the nucleus. Organelles are suspended in it.
Mitochondria: Supplies energy
to the cell. Where respiration takes place
. More mitochondria = more energy
Bead-like structures made of RNA & protein
. They make protein
by combining a sequence of amino acid