Biology - Cell structure
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The fine detail of a cell as seen with an electron microscope
Parts of a cell (General)
Made of phospholipids and proteins
. Retain cell contents
, controls what enters cells, recognises molecules & gives cell some support
- Nucleus: control centre of the cell.
- · Contains a double membrane with nuclear pores
- · Contains DNA & a definite number of chromosomes depending on organism
- · Genes randomly located on chromosomes & inform cell how to make certain proteins
- · Chromatin: chromosomes when they are not dividing
Area in the nucleus where ribosomes
Liquid that surrounds the nucleus. Organelles are suspended in it.
Mitochondria: Supplies energy
to the cell. Where respiration takes place
. More mitochondria = more energy
Bead-like structures made of RNA & protein
. They make protein
by combining a sequence of amino acid
Parts of a cell ( Plant only)
Chloroplasts (Plants only): green structures in plants where photosynthesis takes place
Cell Wall (Plants only): Made of cellulose, support & strengthen the cell.
Ultrastructure of Animal Cell
Ultrastructure of Plant Cell
Types of Cell
- Prokaryotic cell: do not have a nucleus or membrane enclosed organelle
- Eg. Bacteria
Eukaryotic cell: Have a nucleus and cell organelles all of which are enclosed by cell mambranes
Eg. Plants & animals
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview