The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Explain the purpose of the Aviation Life Support
System (ALSS) rotatable pools.
- The Aviation Life Support System (ALSS) provides a pool
- of ALSS spare assemblies (parachutes, life rafts, SSK’s, life preservers,
- survival radios, and miniature regulators) established by IMA’s ashore. The
- spare ALSS assemblies are owned by the station/MALS Aviation Supply Officer;
- inventoried, maintained, and stored by the local IMA. This material will be
- maintained, in a rotatable ALSS pool located in 800 Division. IMA personnel
- shall ensure all spare ALSS equipment is stored, RFI upon demand by O-level
- activities, and on hand quantities match those on the activity’s supply record.
State the purpose of an Aeronautical Equipment
Service Record (AESR).
- The Aeronautical Equipment Service Record (AESR), is a
- loose-leaf record. It may stand alone or be inserted in the basic aircraft
- logbook. It is used as a service record for various aircraft equipment, such as
- power plants, propellers, engine test cells, MK-105 magnetic minesweeping gear,
- and aeronautical expeditionary airfield and L-series lighting systems. The AESR
- accompanies the equipment at all times. When equipment is installed as a part
- of the aircraft, this record is maintained concurrently with, and becomes part,
- of the aircraft logbook.
Discuss the responsibilities of the Emergency Reclamation
- The Emergency Reclamation Team (ERT) provides
- procedures/processes for emergency reclamation of aircraft, equipment,
- components and support equipment. The Maintenance Officer (MO) is responsible
- for developing local command procedures for emergency reclamation, assigning an
- ERT Program Manager and EMT members. The ERT Program Manager conducts and
- documents quarterly training and drills team members in emergency reclamation
Discuss the basic purpose of Support Equipment
- Equipment is all equipment required on the ground to make an aeronautical
- system operational in its intended environment. It provides a means to test,
- troubleshoot, align and calibrate aircraft and aeronautical equipment. SE is
- categorized as common (general purpose), peculiar (special purpose), avionics
- and non-avionics. Test benches, run up stands, diagnostic equipment, PME and
- equipment used to maintain aircraft are types of SE. The Aviation Maintenance
- Material Readiness List (AMMRL) Program provides data required for effective
- management of selective SE at all levels of aircraft maintenance.
basic function of the following Support Equipment (SE).
Mobile Electronic Power Plant (MEPP)
Aircraft Spotting Dolly
Aircraft Tow Tractor
- a) Mobile Electronic Power Plant (MEPP)-Provide ac and
- dc electrical power for serviving,
- starting, and maintenance of aircraft ashore or aboard ship. Some are diesel engine powered and some are
- electrically (external) powered. Some
- are vehicles which can be driven,
- some are a walkbehind self-propelled, and some must
- be towed or moved by hand.
- b) Aircraft
- spotting dolly- Designed to tow, turn, and position aircraft within the confines of a hanger deck (shipboard use
- c) Aircraft
- tow tractor- Gasoline or diesel powered tractors used for towing and spotting aircraft ashore and aboard
- ship. Some of the tractors are equipped
- with a cab to protect the driver,
- but most have an open driving position.
Discuss the basic scope and categories of Aviation
Weapons Support Equipment (AWSE)
Armament Weapons Support Equipment (AWSE) is
- support equipment required on the ground. The AWSE is classified as either
- common or peculiar and may be avionics or non-avionics. There are three
- subcategories, armament support equipment (ASE), weapons support equipment
- (WSE), and logistic support equipment (LSE). The ASE includes all equipment
- whose primary function is to support the installed aircraft systems and is
- primarily used by aircraft intermediate maintenance departments or squadrons.
- This includes bomb hoist, weapons loaders, boresights and special tools to
- repair bomb racks, guns and pods. The WSE includes all equipment whose primary
- function is to support explosive ordnance components or weapons, such as
- weapons skids, trailers, and hoisting beams. The LSE consist of equipment used
- for packaging, bulk handling storage, or stowage and transportation of weapons
- and weapons components. LSE consist of pallets, missile containers, transfer
- dollies, C-grabs, bomb elevators and conveyors.