The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The Doctor ofpupose of client education
-To help individuals, families, or communities achieve optimal levels of health
What does client education include?
- -Maintenance and promotion of health and illness prevention
- -Restoration of health
- -Coping with impaired functioning
-Capacity to obtain, process, and understand the basic health information and services needed to make appropriate health decision
-Includes all intellectual behaviors and requires thinking
-Deals with expression of feelings and acceptance of attitudes, opinions, or values
-Involves acquiring skills that require integration of mental and muscular activity
The average america reads at what level?
What type of learning is difficult to evaluate?
how many people look online for health info?
Resources for client education
- -the science that uses information to improve health care
- -Use of information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, decrease error, and support decision making.
politics and health technology
-In 2004, President Bush issuing an Executive Order calling for a health technology infrastructure by 2014.
- -computer-based patient records:
- -Electronic Medical Records (EMR) or Computer-Based Patient Records (CPR)Permit electronic client data entry and retrieval
- -Hospital Information Systems (HIS)
- An MIS that focuses on the types of data needed to manage client care activities and health care organizations
- Subsystems in areas of admissions, medical records, clinical laboratory, pharmacy, order entry, and finance
EHR Integration: 2009
-EHR=electronic health records: The Obama Administration created an incentive through the American Recovery and Investment Act of 2009 of $19 billion dollars for providers to integrate EHR into their systems.
What is seen as the future cornerstone of health information systems and is essential to improve patient safety and quality of care.
-EHR(electronic health record)
Electronic medical record vs electronic health record vs personal health record
- -electonic medical record- can be accessed by staff within ONE health car organization
- -electronic health record: can be accessed by staff across more than one health care organization
- -personal health record: can be drawn from from multiple sources while being managed, shared, and controlled by the individual.
What are the basic needs?
-oxygen, nutrition and temperature
-lighting, obstacles, bathroom hazards, and security
transmission of pathogens
-hand-hygiene, immunization, and waste disposal
-air, water and noise pollution
-bioterrorism, biological,chemical and nuclear attacks, mass casualties, and emergency management plan
What are the individual risks factors?
-Lifestyle, Impaired mobility, Sensory or communication impairment, Lack of safety awareness, Sleep deprivation, Stress, and Inability to read
Health Care setting risk factors
- medical errors, chemical use, falls, client inherent accidents, procedure-related accidents and equipment-related accidents
Who reports "to err is human"?
-IOM: institute of medicine
what is the JCAHO?
-Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
National Patient Safety Goals (NPSGs)?
- Improve the accuracy of patient identification
- Improve the effectiveness of communication among caregivers
- Improve the safety of using medications.
- Reduce the risk of health care?associated infections
- Reduce the risk of residential harm resulting from falls
- Prevent health care-associated pressure ulcers
- The hospital identifies safety risks inherent in its patient population
-rescue, alert, confine and extenguish
-Pull, aim, squeeze and sweep (across base of the fire from side to side)
What is the leading cause of injury in older adults?
Physiological effects of noise?
- Increased heart and respiratory rate
- Increased muscular activity
- Hearing loss
Two reasons for restraining
- Avoid and/or prevent purposeful or accidental harm to the resident/client
- To do what is required to provide medically necessary treatment that could not be provided through any other means
-Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Guided imagery
- Music therapy