The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the functions of blood?
- Transport of oxygen and carbon dioxide.
- Carry nutrients to cells
- Excretion of waste
- Heat Regulation
- Fluid Volume balance
- Hormone transport
- Defensive cell transport
What is serum?
Plasma minus the clotting factors.
What are immunoglobulins produced by?
Name two non immunoglobulins, and where they are produced.
- Albumin (major part of osmotic pressure)
- Globulins alpha and beta (serve as carriers of ions, hormones and lipids)
- Produced in the liver
What is an immature red blood cell called?
What does anisocytosis and poikilocytosis mean?
- Anisocytosis is abnormal variation in size
- Poikilocytosis is variation in shape