Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Cognitive social theory
perspective that emphasizes the roles of thinking and social learning in behavior
ex) stimulus> organism> response
- "we are not our own feelings"
- -we are in control of our own actions
(Cognitive social theory) Insight learning
seeing it in your head how things fit.
3 Cognitive theories
(Cognitive social theory) Cognitive map
drawing maps on one's head
(Cognitive social theory) Latent learning
a behavior that only shows up when there is a reason to display it.
- learning new information or behaviors by watching others
-kids do this everytime
tendency of some conditioned respnoses to revert back toward innate response pattern.
- innate, inherited reasoning abilities, memory, and speedd of information processing. Its biological things you inherit.
- - declines with age though
- refers to the store of knowledge and skills gained through experience and education.
- -tends to increase throughout one's lifetime
-1st: every test must have norms or average scores developed by giving the test to a variety of different people.
-2nd: all testing procedures must be standarized. All test takers need to be given same instructions, questions, and time limits. They must all follow same objectives score standards.
all tests need to be retaken to see consistencies and not see a major drop off
2 methods for reliability
- test- retest method
- split-half method
(Reliability) test re-test method
participants scores on 2 seperate administrations of the same test are compared
(Reliability) split half method
involves splitting a test into 2 equivalent parts and determining the similarity between the 2 halves
ability of the test to measure what it is desgined to measure
- Criterion-related validity: accuracy in which test scores can be used to predict another variable of interest.
-test scores and college success
copies, mimics, and enhances natural neurotrasnmiters
blocks or stops neurotasnmitters
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview