mgmt chap 9 3003
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
THREE STEP WRITING PROCESS FOR PERSUASIVE MESSAGES
- STEP 1: Planning Persuasive Messages
- -analyzing situation- demographics, osychogrpahics, motivation.
- -gathering info
- -select right medium-permission based marketing, which marketers ask permission before sending messages can help companies avoid antagonizing their target audiences.
- -organizing info
- Step 2: Writing persuasive messages
- 1.using positive and polite language
- 2.understanding and respecting cultural differences
- 3.being sensitive to organization cultures
- 4.taking steps to establish your credibility
- STEP 3: Completing Persuasive Messages
DEVELOPING PERSUASVIVE BUSINESS MESSAGES
4 essential strategies
- Framing your arguements
- AIDA model
- attention, interest, desire, action
- Balancing Emotional and Logical Appeals
- 3 types of reasoning
- -analogy-reason from specific evidence to specific evidence
- -induction-specific evidence to specific evidence.
- -dediction- you work from a generalization to a specifc conclusion.
Reinforcing Your Position
- avoding common mistake ins persuasive communication
- -using a hard sell
- -resisting compromise
- -relying solely on great arguements
- -avoiding common mistakes in persuasive communication
COMMON EXAMPLES OF PERSUASIVE BUSINESS MESSAGES
- -persuasive requests for action
- -persusive presentation of Ideas
- -persusaive claims and requests
developing marketing and sales messages
- marketing messages- usher potential buyers through the purchasing process without asking them to make an immediate decision
- sales messages-take over at that pont, ecouraging potential buyers to make a purchase decision then and there
analyzing your competition -
- assesing audience needs
- -understanding audience needs
stuff companies arent using. avoid too similar to competition
- determing key selling points and benefits
- -selling points-most attractive features of the idea
- -benefits- the particular advantages that purchasers can realize from those features.
creating a persuasive appeal
- aniticipating purchase objections
- -address as many as you can
writing promotional messgages for
- conversation marketing- in which companies initiate, facilitate, and participate in conversations happening in a networked community of customers, journalists, blogger and other interested parties.
- social commerce- encompasses any aspect of buying and selling products and services or supporting customers throught the use of social media.
- facilitate community building-audiences connect with your company and each other
- listen at least as much as you talk- listening
- initiate and respond to conversations within the community-make sure provide the info customers need in order to evaluate your products and services
- provided info that people want-q&a
- identify and support your champions-fans of company and products
- be authentic be transparet be real-open and conversational about themselves
- dont rely on the news media to distribute your message
- integrate conventional marketing and sales strategies at the right time and in the right places
maintaing high ethical and legal standards
marketing and sales messages must be truthful and nondeceptive
you must back up your claims with evidence
bait and switch advertising is illegal
marketing messages and websites aimed at childern are subject to special rules
marketing and sales messages are considered binding contracts in many states
in most cases you cant use a persons name, photograph, or other identity without permission.
7 common ways to establish credibility
writing persuasive messages
- using simple language
- supporting your claims
- identifying your sources
- establishing common ground
- being objective
- displaying good intentions
- avoiding the hard shell
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview