Ch6 Salon Business
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
List the 4 easy to follow guides for setting goals.
- 1) Establish a long-range goal
- 2) Determine your short-range goals
- 3) Create a plan to achieve your goals
- 4) Review your goals periodically
List the 7 methods you can use to find out about salon positions.
- 1) Talk to stylists who work in the salon you admire.
- 2) Check classifieds
- 3) Talk to distributors/sales consultants
- 4) Refer to schools bulletin board or ask your instructors.
- 5) Check with city unemployment office.
- 6) Canvass the area you would like to work & make a list of salons.
- 7) Mail out/ take in resumes & cover letter attached to the front, requesting owner/manager contacts you for an interview.
What 9 items that should be included on a resume?
- 1) Personal Data
- 2) Educational Background
- 3) Additional Training
- 4) Previous Employment
- 5) Special Skills or Areas of Expertise
- 6) Any Special Awards or Recognition
- 7) References
- 8) Interests
- 9) Why you want to work in that particular salon.
List the 8 effective techniques that can be used to build clientele.
- 1) Word of Mouth
- 2) Business Cards
- 3) Referrals
- 4) Prebooking
- 5) Promotional Literature
- 6) Guest Appearances
- 7) Correspondence
- 8) Your Personal Touch
What are the 4 types of salon ownership?
- 1) Sole Proprietorship (one person)
- 2) Partnership (2 or more people)
- 3) Corporation (shareholders)
- 4) Franchise (more of an operation)
It is the salon owners responsibility to be in compliance with all local, state/ province & federal rules, regulations, & laws. These include...
City Zoning, Building Codes, City or County Waste Disposal Rules, State Province Licensure Regulation, IRS, OSHA, ADA, Etc...
How long should you keep your sales & service records?
List the average cost of operating a salon:
- Compensation (Salaries)- 50%
- Rent- 12%
- Supplies- 5%
- Advertising- 3%
- Utilities- 2%
- Insurance- 1.5%
- Employee Benefits- 1.5%
- Maintenance- 2%
- Cost of Doing Business- 2%
- Service of Debt- 5%
- Depreciation- 3%
- Miscellaneous- 1%
- 88% of Income
Income minus expenses equals...?
Creating a Policies & Procedures handbook helps to develop the salons (a)__ & (b)__
- a) Set of Rules
- b) Owners Expectations
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview