Ch 24, Digestive
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
GI traact refers to:
What is the other name for the GI tract
Stomach and intestines
Alimentary canal or tract
Mouth aka oral cavity,Salviary, tonsils, teeth, tongue
- Small intestines-- duodenum, illium, juojenum
- Large intestines: cecum, colon, rectum, anal canal
Functions of the digestive system:
3 things having to do with propulsion
1. What is swallowing called?
2. And movement of chyme through the digestive tract?
3. Segmental contractions
Name the things which have to do with 5. secretion.
lubericate, liquify digest.
Mucous-- lubricates and protects from acid and digestive enzymes
water-- liquifies, makes things easier to digest
bile-- emulsifies fat
mechanical and chemical
7. movement from tract into circulation
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview