chap 18 251 micro
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
broad spectrum disease in any tissue as an abscess formation
staphylococcus aureus increased infection in
implants have an increased chance of being inv=fected biofilms
staphylococcus aureus colonization and invasion
30percent colonization in nares and invasion thru healthy nasal mucosa or skin
s.aureus use what
toxins and enzymes
how does enzymes help s.aureus spread?
- coagulase-fibrin clot:
- hyaluronidase-disolves tissue cement staphlokinase-disolves clots lipase-colonize oily areas of skin digesting lipids
toxins of s.aureus are what?
- leukocidin-kills leukocytes panton valentine leukocidin-destroys alveoli
- hemolysins-kills many cells including rbcs
- scalded skin syndrome toxin: exfoliate
- toxic shock syndrom toxin:multi organ system failure enterotoxin: emetic toxin
- golden pigment: inhibits superoxide radicals in neutophil traps
- staplococcal protein a: inactivates igG
tss,respritory infections,would infection,imperigo,focal skin infections(carbuncle,furuncle(boil),cellilitis),endocarditis,food poisoning
person to person
s.aureus unique characteristics
can be nosocomial and community pathogen and drug resistant
treatment for s.aureus
- skin infections:drain wound or debride
- antibiotic;sensitivity tests
- mrsa use;vancomycin,linezolid,daptomycin,other
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview