The Endocrine Glands of the Body
1. _____ gland, bilobed gland that extends from hypothalamus & sits in sella turcica of sphenoid bone by stalklike structure infundibulum.
2. _____ gland, known as Pineal body, gland located on the posterior aspect of the brains diencephalon. Pine-cone shaped structure that function is not clear, produces and secretes melatonin
3. _____ gland, located at base of throat, posterior & inferior to larynx, a butterfly shaped bilobed gland connected in center by mass of tissue (Isthmus), produces Triodothyronine, Thyroxine and Calcitonin
4. _____ gland, four in number, tiny glands are located on posterolateral surface at thyroid lobes. Produce parathyroid hormones.
5. _____ gland, known as suprarenals are located superior to each kidney, among the most vascular organs in the body. Devided into 2 regions, cortex and medulla
6. __ ___ gland, known as Islets or Langerhans, specialized cells located in pancreas or pancreatic gland which are both endocrine and exocrine
7. _____ gland (Ovaries & Testes), reproductive glands, primary reproductive organs in both men and women.
- 1. Pituitary
- 2. Pineal
- 3. Thyroid
- 4. Parathyroid
- 5. Adrenal Glands
- 6. Pancreatic Islets
- 7. Gonads