1. Blood is made up of _____ (55%) , straw colored liquid which in itself is (90% water and 10% Solutes). Blood is a fluid medium and classified as ____ _____ tissue, essential to human life supplies oxygen and nutrients.
2. The 10% Solutes that make up the straw colored liquid are _______ (function for blood clotting), _____ (foundation of blood clots), proteins, hormones, enzymes and wastes.
3. It also contains Blood Cells or ____ ____ (45%), primarily in red bone marrow of long, flat bones and irregular bones. all these cells are produced from a single, undifferntiated cell called Pluripotent Stem Cell
4. ______ or Red Blood Cells, transport oxygen in the blood & carry away carbon dioxide. Most numerous cells in blood, contains no nucleus & biconcave shape to a greater surface area. _____ an iron based protein on this cell, is a red pigment that gives blood its red color.
5. ______ or While Blood Cells, part of body's immune system, protects body from invading bacteria, viruses and other pathogens. Body's Defensive Mobile army. A type of these are Lymphocytes in the lymphatic system
6. ______ or Platelets, fragmented cells that help repair leaks in blood vessels through various clotting mechanisms. Their jagged shape helps them adhere to torn surfaces easily. Life span is aprox. 10 days.
7. Leukocytes are further broken down into two groups ______ Leukocytes (Neutrophil, Eosinophil, Basophil) and _____ Leukocytes (Monocyte and Lymphocyte)
- 1. Plasma / Liquid Connective Tissue
- 2. Fibrinogen / Fibrin
- 3. Formed Elements
- 4. Erythrocytes / Hemoglobin
- 5. Leukocytes
- 6. Thrombocytes
- 7. Granular / Agranular