The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are strategies for comprehending or understanding the information?
- 1. Asking you teacher
- 2. Asking you study partner or study group to help.
- 3. Find easier material on the same subject such as middle or elementary school books or the commercial Books for Dummies.
- 4. You can put the information into a visual format such as a concept map.
What are several characteristics of effective input and storage?
- 1. Selecting the appropriate information to store.
- 2. In reading:use the material highlighted
- 3. In note taking: use the material written down
What are some ways we can Aquire information?
- Sensation: taking in information through one or more of the five senses.
- Reasoning: the mental process of reasoning or using logic. We can us our brains to think inductively or deductively.
- Intuition: “the sixth sense.” It’s a sort of combination of a mental and physical awareness.
What are additional techniques for remembereing long term memories?
- Clustering: Group info into meaningful units
- Store information with your learning style
- connecting information to something outside of class.
- Mnemonics: acronyms, jingles, or rhymes information easier to remember.
What are Important Principals to remembering?
- Distributed practice: Reviewing soon and often
- Interference: separate the times you study two similar subjects
- Reactive interference relates to emotion
- Interactive interference: first and last items on the list, but harder to remember the mush middle.
What is PR4?