Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- form by a single cumulnimbus cloud
3 stages of development of thunderstorms
- cumulus stage
(stages of thunderstorms) Cumulus stage
- development 12000 m towers of clouds
-warm air rises in surges
-clouds support precipitation and hail as well
(forms of precipitation) mature stage
-gusty winds, lightning, hail
(forms of precipitation) dissipating stage
-cooling effect marks the end of the thunderstorm activity
rotating column of air
- --air rushes into tornado
- -winds approach 300 miles per hour
form of tornadoes?
-severe thunderstorms producing fronts
- huge thunderstorms called super cells
- cold dry air mixes with warm, moist air in central region.
- carries weather patterns by large masses of air
air masses most important in north america
cP and mT
cP: continental polar
mT: maritime tropical, brings precipitation to eatern part of US
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview