Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Dilitazem Cardizem Class
Calcium Channel Blocker, Antidysrhythmic
Dilitazem Cardizem Action
- 1. Inhibits calcium movement across cell membrane of cardiac and smooth muscle.
- 2. causes vasodilation, decreases heart rate and contractility, slow SA and AV conduction
Dilitazem Cardizem Use
A-fib, A-flutter, Multifocal atrial tachycardia, PSVT
Dilitazem Cardizem Contrainsications
Sick sinus syndrome, Second or third degree heart block. WPW or other pre excitation syndrome. VT or wide complex tach or unknow origin. severe hypotension. hypersensitivity to diltiazem. concomitant use of IV beta blockers
Dilitazem Cardizem Side Effects
A-flutter, first or second degree heart av blocks, bradycardia, chest pain, CHF, syncope,, ventricular dysrhthmias, sweating, n/v, dizziness, dry mouth, dyspnea, headache
Dilitazem Cardizem Special Notes
- 1. use with caution in pt. with impaired renal or hepatic function.
- 2. hypotension may occasionally result.
- 3. PVC's may be present on conversion of PSVT to sinus rhythm.
- 4. Self life at room temp is on month.
Dilitazem Cardizem preparations
- 25mg (5ml vial)
- 50mg (10ml vial)
Dilitazem Cardizem Adult dose
- 0.25mg/kg (20mg for the average pt.) IV over 2 minutes. May be repeated in 15 min (0.35mg/kg; 25mg for the av. pt) IV over 2 min
- Dilute 125mg (25ml) in 100ml of solution; infuse 5-15mg/hr titrate to heart rate.
Dilitazem Cardizem pedi dose
Dilitazem Cardizem route