The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
5 behaviors that signal it's time to get help.
- 1. you feel trapped, & worry all the time
- 2. everyday activites (sleep/eat) affected
- 3. family/friends become concerned
- 4. use alcohol or drugs
- 5. become aggressive, violent, reckless
Signs that professional help is needed:
- 1. prolonged sadness
- 2. frequent anger
- 3. overwhelming fear
- 4. anxiety
- 5. anger at the world
- 6. change in sleeping/eating
- 7. social withdrawal
Who to seek help from:
- 1. parents/gaurdians
- 2. teachers
- 3. school psychologits
- 4. counselors
- 5. coaches
- 6. clergy
- 7. crisis hot lines
3 stumbling blocks to seeking help:
- 1. asking for help does not mean the
- person is weak but sign of strength.
- 2. will not be able to get better on their
- own. Will need professional help.
- 3. Sharing with a "stranger" (doctor) is
- not painful or embarrassing but a relief.
5 therapy methods
- 1. psychotherapy
- 2. behavior therapy
- 3. cognitive therapy
- 4. group therapy
- 5. biomedical therapy