The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the band limited signal?
A signal is said to be a band limited signal, if all of it's frequency components are zero above a certain finite frequency. i.e it's power spectral density should be zero above the finite frequency.
systems whose behaviour is intrinsically non-deterministic. A stochastic process is one whose behavior is non-deterministic.
What is power spectral density function?
- Power spectral density function (PSD) shows the strength of the variations(energy) as a function of frequency.
- obtain energy within a specific frequency range by integrating PSD within that frequency range.
- Computation of PSD is done directly by the method called FFT or
- computing autocorrelation function and then transforming it.
FFT plot SNR
- The SNR of the FFT calculation is a combination of several noise sources, including
- the quantization error of theADC,
- the internal noise of the ADC,
- noise from the voltage reference, and
- noise from the driving amplifier.
- The theoretical limit of SNRis 6.02n+1.76 dB, where n is the number of converter bits.