The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Sulfonurea and Meglitinide
- sulfonurea= gyburide
- -hypoglycemia, hepatotoxicity, blood dyscrasias
- Meglitinide= Repaglinide
- Help body release more of its own insulin
- keep liver from making sugar thats not needed "leak"
- lactic acidosis
- serious infection increases risk for lactic acidosis as well as hypoxiemia
- helps uscle cells become more sensitive "key holes"
- contraindicated HF
- serious adverse effect hepatotoxicity
- match insulin to food. don't release sugar from storage.
- hypoglycemic when used w/ insulin or sulfonurea