Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name the different sizes of hose:
19, 25, 38, 44, 65, 77, 125 mm
What is a hose called that has been repaired and is shortened?
a pony length
What is a leader line?
pre-connected attack line consisting of 60M of hose with a nozzle attached
What is another name of a jacketed hose commonly called forestry hose?
Rubber lined, double jacketed hose with 38 mm blue coupling
Rubber lined, rubber covered hose commonly called a booster line.
Commonly called a washout hose with a red or green coupling
Stortz coupling commonly called supply hose
What hoses do you find on an engine?
- 4 lengths 90M of 19mm
- 1 or 2 lengths of 44mm (trash line)
- 8 lengths of 44mm, 120M (2 hosebeds of leader lines)
- 4 lentgths of 65mm, 60M (leader lines)
- 20 lengths of 65mm, 300M (attack bed)
- 10 lengths of 125mm, 300M (supply bed)
When is hose tested by CFD?
- 1 x a year
- after repairs
- after hard usage (frozen, extended use)
- suspicion of damage
Name 4 types of potential damage to a hose:
- Mold + mildew
Difference between service roll and damaged roll?
- service - male coupling rolled in
- damaged - female coupling rolled in, tagged and damaged area marked
Who has thne authority to change your stations total hose compliment?
CFD apparatus and equipment
How often do you count your stations hose rack compliments?
If unused, how often do you change the hose loads on an apparatus?
every 3 months
What do 38mm and 65mm couplings consist of?
- male threaded shank
- female threaded swivel
- a non threaded shank to which female swivel is attached
T or F: a sabrejet nozzle can do both solid and straight streams
What is the most common matrerial used to make couplings?
pyrolite which is made of an aluminum alloy with a hard coating
Blitzfire or Crossfire: Which nozzle can flow more water?
- Crossfire - 4750 L/min
- Blitzfire - 1900 L/min
When advancing hose up a stairway, which line goes up the inside? outside?
attack line inside and backup outside
How far apart do FF stand when carrying an empty and full hose on the ground? Aloft?
- Full on level ground 5M (1/3 length)
- Empty: Ground = 15M Aloft = 7.5M
What is the difference between a tool and an appliance?
- Appliance = something water flows through
- Tool = something you use on a hose
What do you need to extend a hose line?
length of hose, nozzle, hose clamp
What do you need to reduce a hose line?
hose, nozzle, hose clamp, gated wye
What type of load does CFD use in the hose bed?
A flat load
What is special about a sabrejet nozzle?
- Coaxial nozzle
- higher flow rates at a lower pump pressure
- solid stream activated with the lever
- fog and straight stream activated by twisting the bumper