Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the firepass colour codes and what are they for?
- Green - Main firepass, attached to officers radio
- Red - backup firepass, given to command on a scene
- Yellow - Stays on rig to see who should be in the truck, backup if any of the other firepasses are lost
Safety precautions for ladders:
- - choose proper ladder
- - check ladder condition
- - carry ladder at balance point
- - use legs to lift
- - carry butt first
- - buttman in charge
- - check for hazards
- - proper climb angle
- - make sure ladder is secure
- - dogs properly seated
- - climb smooth / rythmic
- - lock in before working
- - dont overload ladders
- - use PPE
- - enough FF's to raise ladder
- - always use buttman when using
What is the working side of the ladder?
- side with the most open space in the window
What side of the window do you place the ladder in?
- upwind, so you can be out of the escaping smoke
How many rungs should be in the window?
1 or less
When ventilating where does the ladder go?
beside the window extended to the top of the window
How do you tie a halyard knot?
2 half hitches
Before you pick up a ladder what side do you face and why?
face the tip, with opposite shoulder you want to carry on
What type of ladders does CFD use? What are they made of?
What ladders do you find on engines?
- 7M extension
- 4M roof
- folding, collapsible
What ladders do you find on aerials?
- 4 and 5M roof
- 6M wall
- 11M extension
- 10 or 15M Bangor
How do you cleam a ladder?
clean dry cloth
How often do you clean and inspect your ladder? What do you look for?
- 1 x a week or after use
- look for: rung tightness, boot & rivets, all moving parts, beams and trusses for failure
How often do you test your ladder?
- - 1 x a year
- - after unconventional use
- - after overloading, impact
- - after being exposed above 149 deg. celcius
- - after repairs
- - suspected of being unsafe
Name 8 parts of a Bangor ladder:
- Butt Plates
- Bed Section
- Fly Section
- Dogs / Paws
- Tormentor Poles
How do you carry a ladder as a 1 person carry?
- - face the butt
- - fly section away
- - Verbalize movements
- - carry at balance point
When raising a roof ladder, which direction do the hooks face?
Down to the ground and away from the ladder when butted up against extension ladder
What 2 ways can you raise a ladder?
What is the size of a roof ladder?
What is the size of a wall ladder?
What is the size of an extension ladder?
7, 10 or 11M
What is the size of a Bangor ladder?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview