The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- birth, creation, race, kind
- -offspring, descendants
- miscegenation: interbreeding of races
- -a person lacking knowledge
- agnostic: a person who believes that the existence of god is not provable.
- ingratiate: to bring oneself into favor
- gratuity: money given for good service
- to stick
- -tending to remain in memory; sticky; an adhesive substance
- coherent: logically consistent; having waves in phase and of one wavelength.
- -relating to different sexes
- heterogeneous: of other origin; not originating in the body.
- heterodox: different from the awknowledged standard; holding unorthodox opinions or doctrines.
- -of the same kind or of a similar kind of nature; of uniform structure or composition throughout
- homonym: on of two or more words that are spelled or pronounced alike, but different in meaning.
- over, excessive
- -excessively active
- hyperbole: purposful exaggeration for effect.
- under, beneath, less
- -underactive thyroid function
- hypodermic: referring to parts beneath the skin
- hypothesis: assumption subject to proof
- one's own
- -an utterly stupid person
- idion: a language, dialect, or style of speaking particular to a people
- idiosyncrasy: pecularity of temperment; eccentricity
Im/ In/ Em/ En
- in, into
- -to close in on all sides