The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is culture?
A way of life.
What is a difference between a country and a nation?
There is no difference.
What 3 countries make up North America?
Mexico, USA, and Canada.
Name the 5 Great Lakes
Political Map (meaning and example)
- A map that shows clear boundaries.
- Such as: A map of the United States
Physical Map (meaning and example)
- Map that shows things you can touch or see.
- Such as: a map of mountains and rivers
Thematic Map (meaning and example)
- Map that shows subjects or themes.
- Such as: A map of the population, a map of the weather, etc.
Name the 7 continents and four oceans. Be able to identify on a map.
- North America
- South America
- Pacific Ocean
- Atlantic Ocean
- Indian Ocean
- Arctic Ocean
What Ocean touches the east coast of the USA?
- East- Atlantic
- West- Pacific
Areas that are similar
Physical region (meaning)
Defined by physical characteristics such as mountains.
Cultural Region (meaning and example)
- Region of a culture
- Such as: Latin America
Perceptual region (meaning and example)
- The way you see something.
- Such as: the south, the yankees, the midwest, etc.
Name the "three legends of death" (Dia de los Muertos)