Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
What is the purpose of the core support barrel snubbers?
- 6 snubbers that provide a close fit between the core support barrel and the lower vessel wall
- Prevents flow induced vibration and seismically caused movement of the core support barrel.
What is the purpose of the surveillance capsules?
- Installed inside the reactor vessel to measure the long term affects of temperature and radiation on reactor vessel materials
- 8 locations
- -2 on the outside wall of the core support barrel shell
- -6 on the inside wall of the vessel
What is the purpose of the core support lugs?
9 support lugs designed to catch the core barrel in the event that the upper core supports have failed.
Rx vessel level (LIA-0105, LIA-0106) taps and ranges.
- Level taps off of loop 1 hot leg
- -indicates on C-12
- Rx hot leg level (LIA-0106)
- -taps off loop 2 hot leg
- --powered from Y-20
- -wide range = 628'6"-617'
- -narrow range = 620'9"-617'
What is the purpose of the reactor vessel?
Acts as a fission product barrier and supports and aligns the reactor vessel internals.
What types of reactor vessel seal leakage do we have and how do we control it?
- -drains to the PSDT
- -normally isolated by CV-0101 being closed
- -alarms at 1500 psig
- -drains to the containment floor
- -normally closed solenoid valve that opens automatically for the drain
- -120" of water in the column brings in the alarm
What is the purpose of the flow skirt?
Reduces inequalities in core inlet flow distributions and to prevent the formation of large vortices in the lower plenum.
What is the purpose of the core support barrel?
Carries the entire weight of the core and other internals.
What is the purpose of the fuel assemblies?
- 204 fuel bundles
- -216 fuel rods
- --470 UO2 pellets with compression springs
What is the purpose/design of the reactor vessel level monitoring system?
- 2 independent, physically seperated, redundant and identical channels
- Inserted into existing incore instrument guide tubes
- Each channel is composed of a manometer tube and a radical level instrument (RLI) containing 8 sensors
- 2 seperate regions
- -head region
- -upper guide structure region
What is the purpose of the core exit thermocouples?
- 43 incore detector assemblies inserted into the fuel assemblies
- 16 are qualified CETs
- -these go to temperature indicating recorders on C-11A
What actions are required IF both channels of RVLMS instrumentation are NOT operable AND the Plant is in Mode 1, 2, or 3?
- ENSURE the following alternate Reactor Vessel level monitoring equipment is operable:
- 1. At least one Subcooled Margin Monitor:
- -SMM-0114, Subcooled Margin Monitor
- -SMM-0124, Subcooled Margin Monitor
- 2. Both Pressurizer level indicators:
- -LIA-0102A, Pressurizer Level Indication
- -LI-0103A, Pressurizer Wide Range Level Indicator
- 3. At least three (3) operable Qualified CETs in each core quadrant.
LCO 3.3.7 Post Accident Monitoring (PAM) Instrumentation
LCO: The PAM instrumentation for each Function in Table 3.3.7-1 shall be OPERABLE.
APPLICABILITY: Modes 1, 2, and 3.
- A. One or more Functions with one required channel inoperable.
- -A.1 Restore required channel to OPERABLE status within 30 days
- B. Required Action and associated Completion Time of Condition A not met.
- -B.1 Initiate action in accordance with Specification 5.6.6.- Immediately
- C. One or more Functions with two required channels inoperable.
- -C.1 Restore one channel to OPERABLE status - 7 days
D. not used
- E. Required Action and associated Completion Time of Condition C not met.
- -E.1 Enter the Condition referenced in Table 3.3.7-1 for the channel.-Immediately
- F. As required by Required Action E.1 and referenced in Table 3.3.7-1.
- -F.1 Be in MODE 3. -6 hours
- -F.2 Be in MODE 4. -30 hours
- G. As required by Required Action E.1 and referenced in Table 3.3.7-1.
- -G.1 Initiate action in accordance with Specification 5.6.6. -Immediately
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview