Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- adj.) of high birth or rank, outstanding, of good moral character
- n.) someone of high rank or birth
- The children of the Queen of England are considered noble.
- n.) a plane, set of rules, or ways to act, a written insurance, or contract
- Honesty is the best policy.
- n.) a long time without rain, a prolonged shortage
- Arizona's hot weather often has droughts that are not good for growing plants.
- v.) to draw attention to something else, cause to turn aside, to disturb
- The TV can distract you from doing your homework quickly.
- v.) to strike against each other with force, to clash
- The cars collided causing much damage.
- adj.) pleased with or accepting of, wanting anything else.
- n.) an amount that is held, or contained the meaning or subject of
- The cat was very content sitting in the sunlight.
- n.) a flower or group of flowers; the state or time of flowering
- v.) to have or produce flowers; to develop, open up or appear
- Flowers blossom in the Spring.
- adj.) never stopping; recurring; staying the same, loyal, steady
- n.) something that does not change or vary
- The constant noise is making it hard to focus.
- adj.) small in size or degree; not much; not important
- v.) to treat as unimportant, to make light
- n.) an act of neglect or discourtesy
- His comments were so slight, they didn't bother me.
- adj.) unpleasant to the senses; dirty or polluted, dishonorable; against the rules of a sport or game, stormy or rainy.
- The garbage smells so foul.
- n.) a violation of the rules; a ball that goes outside the boundary lines (like in baseball)
- v.) to pollute or make filthy; to break the rules of a game (to commit a foul like in basketball).
- n.) a case used to hold arrows; a trembling motion
- v.) to shake or tremble
- The freezing rain made me shiver.
- adj.) neat and in good order; comfortable or large amount
- v.) to put things in neat or proper order
- I wish my daughter would keep her room tidy.
- v.) to be afraid; to fear or feel deep worry
- n.) deep fear or uneasiness over what may happen
- I dread getting up early in the morning on snowy days to drive to work.