Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
vena cava -> right atrium -> tricuspid valve -> right ventricle -> pulmonic valve -> pulmonary artery -> pulmonary vein -> left atrium -> mitral valve -> left ventricle -> aortic valve -> aorta -> systemic circulation
What are the AV valves?
- Tricuspid valve
- Mitral valve
What are the semilunar valves?
- Pulmonic valve
- Aortic valve
What is S1?
- First heart sound
- Closure of mitral and tricuspid valves
- Marks beginning of ventricular systole
- Occurs right after QRS complex
What is S2?
- Second heart sound
- Closure of aortic and pulmonic valves
What is diastole?
- Approx 2/3 of cardiac cycle
- Relaxation and filling of atria and ventricles
What is systole?
Contraction and emptying of atria and ventricles
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview