Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
wood alcohol used in fuels.
Ethyl or Ethanol alcohol
Illegal production of alcohol
Illegal transportation of Alcohol
- 2-20% alcohol
- Beers, wines
- 40-50% alcohol
- Hard liquor, whiskey, vodka
divide the proof in half to get the alcohol content.
Different between women and men when drinking
different levels of alcohol dehydrogenase and enzymes in stomach that breaks down alcohol.
alcohol with the cross use of other drugs
Part of the brain that alcohol effects
- Cerebral Cortex and judgement goes first
- Voluntary muscle control goes next
- then medulla oblongata heart action and respiration in critical situations.
Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor
Ways children of alcoholics cope
- Family hero
- Lost child
3 Cs of an alcoholic loved one
- I did not Cause the drinking
- I cannot Cure the drinking
- I cannot Control the drinking
Alcohol withdraw symptoms
- Rapid pulse and breathing
- Gastrointestinal tract upset
- DTS Delirium Tremens- uncontrollable shaking
Stages of Alcoholism
- Pre-alcoholic; drinking is part of each day
- Prodromal; temporary amnesia/blackout period
- Crucial; problems
- Chronic; on-going difficulties and loss of control
3 components of alcoholic disease
- Agent (alcohol)
- Host (person)
3 stages of alcohol or substance treatment
- provision of medical care
- long term behavioral change
Absence of addictive substance in persons body
The ability to function every day without the substance and stopping the behaviors that lead to use
used to calm us down
used to induce sleep
1906 Pure Food and Drug Act
drugs must be LABELED
1914 Harrison Act
Narcotics can only be handled by doctors.
1924 Narcotic importing is illegal
illegal handling of heroin
1970 Comprehensive Control and Prevention
Schedule of drugs I-V
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview