The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what charec. define animals,mammals and primates?
- animals-mostly multicellular
- mostly motile(can movie on own)
- most ingest food to survive
- primates/mammals -life in trees
- prehensile hands and feet
- stereoscpic vision
- largest relative brain size of land mammals
- small # of offspring & large parental care
- reliance on learned behavior
- social mammals
what are the differences between Prosimians & Anthropoids
- prosimians-member if the primate suborder prosimmi that includes lemurs lorises falagoes and tarsiers
- sometimes lack one or more of the general primate char.
- better sense of smell than other primates
- tend to be solitary,often nocturnal
- vertical clingers and leapers
- all but 1 are diurnal(awake in day)
- more complex brains
- new world
what are the differences between new and old world monkeys?
- new world-prehenstile tails(grasping)
- flat noses and 2.1.33
- old world no prehenstile tails
- hook nose
what are the differences between apes and monkeys?
- monkeys-tails;arms and legs are same legnth
- apes; no tail
- arms and legs different legs
- flexible shoulder joint
what are the major charec. of the orang., gorillas, chimps, and bonobos
refer to notebook