Mngmt of Neuro
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Development characterized by limited variation of motor strategies and limited ability to vary motor behavior to address a specific situation.
What are the 3 factors that increase the likelihood that a child will have some kind of developmental problem?
- Established risks
- Environmental risks
- Biological risks
Events that have occured that pose obvious problems.
Intrauterine or early neonatal infections in the mother.
What is TORCH?
- Other, such as syphylis; Hep B; Lyme Disease; HIV
- Herpes simplex type 2
Hemorrhage in germinal matrix; minimal ventricular bleed.
IVH grade 1
Bleed in 10 - 15% of intraventricular area.
IVH grade 2
Bleed in greater than 50% of ventricular area with distention.
IVH grade 3
Bleed extends into parenchyma; most severe.
IVH grade 4
- Low oxygenation and structural support of blood vessels.
- Changes in BP during the birth process
- Stress of too much handling and invasive medical procedures
Suspected causes of IVH
A test that assess physical condition of the newborn.
- Single parent
- Parental age less than 17 years (in US)
- Poor quality infant-parent attachment
- Maternal problems: drug or alcohol abuse
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview