Fam Law Paternity
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Child of no one
- Mother was not married so they were wards of the state
Purpose of Bastardery laws?
Deter sexual promiscutiy, reinforce marriage and protect linege.
Presumption of Legitimacy?
Child is born during a marriage then there is a presumption of legitimacy.
- Signing a paternity affidavit
- 60 days to rescind
- Paternity proceeding initiated by Mother, IV-D Prosecutor, Father, the child, next of family.
- Cannot file paternity after they're over 20
- Test tube babies
- Sperm & egg implanted
- Issue: are the embryos marital property or children?
Creates paternity issues (know donor v. unknown)
Surrogacy in Indiana
Against public policy
Whose egg is it? Mom's or the other's?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview