Fam Law Paternity
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Child of no one
- Mother was not married so they were wards of the state
Purpose of Bastardery laws?
Deter sexual promiscutiy, reinforce marriage and protect linege.
Presumption of Legitimacy?
Child is born during a marriage then there is a presumption of legitimacy.
- Signing a paternity affidavit
- 60 days to rescind
- Paternity proceeding initiated by Mother, IV-D Prosecutor, Father, the child, next of family.
- Cannot file paternity after they're over 20
- Test tube babies
- Sperm & egg implanted
- Issue: are the embryos marital property or children?
Creates paternity issues (know donor v. unknown)
Surrogacy in Indiana
Against public policy
Whose egg is it? Mom's or the other's?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview