The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what are the characteristics of this marker
very sensitive for IBD (fewer than 5 % of people that have this are IBD negative)
1/2 to 1/3 patients with this have CD. Very specific for CD
sensitive for IBD
more specific for CD
- specific for CD
- but only present on 50% of patients with crohns
Which marker can predict the chances of having pouchitis.
Likely because of an increase in the level of chronic pouchitis in PANCA + patients
which marker can predict higher number of surgeries
how much does ulcerative colitis reduce fertility
it does not
how much does having uc and having a pouch procedure reduce fertility
In Crohns disease how is fertility affected
pelvic inflammation can lead to fallopian tube scarring.
IgG1 monoclonal antibody that is human murine hybrid
fully human monoclonal antibody
list risk factors for cancer in u/c patients
- pan colonic disease
- duration of disease
- Backwash ileitis
which serum marker tends to predict that crohns disease will be limited to the colon?
how much does NOD2/CARD15 gene affect rates of Crohns disease
- one copy- 3 fold increas in CD risk
- two copies of the gene- 10-40 fold increase
IBD and joint disease
how are they related
- usually large joints and asymmetric.
- joint problems are more active when bowel sx are active
extraintestinal manifestations of IBD that parallel disease activity
extraintestinal manifestations of IBD that don't parallell bowel activity
what serum marker needs to be checked prior to initiating cyclosporin therapy
- the dose needs to be adjusted if serum cholesterol is less than 100
Clinical predictors for pouchitis
- extraintestinal manifestations,
- backwash ileitis
- need for high dose steroids prior to surgery
Lifetime risk of pouchitis in patients with IPAA