The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
- When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?”
- Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
- With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
- They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
“Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”
“We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”
- Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.
- As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, “Look, here is water. Why shouldn’t I be baptized?” And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him. When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing.
And when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.
“In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead.”
On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight.
“And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.”