The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Casual (NOT INTERESTED)
+ not taking or not seeming to take much interest; not caring:
+ The psychologist's attitude seemed far too casual, even brutal.
+ Security around the conference hotel seemed almost casual.
+ Although close to tears, she tried to make her voice sound casual.
- + tình cờ, ngẫu nhiên, vô tình, không chủ ý
- + làm không cẩn thận, thiếu chuẩn bị
- + không để ý, thiếu trách nhiệm, hờ hững
- + không trịnh trọng, bình thường
- + không đều, bất thường
- + Nông cạn
Introduce (MAKE KNOWN)
+ to tell someone another person's name the first time that they meet:
+ I'd like to introduce my younger son, Mark.
+ Have you two been introduced (to each other)?
- + giới thiệu, đưa vào, mở đầu
to breathe quickly and loudly through your mouth, usually because you have been doing something very energetic:
+ Matteo arrived at the top of the hill, panting and covered in sweat.
- + sự thở hổn hển, thở thình thịch
- + nói hổn hển
Couch (seat, bed, express)
- + ghế dài giống nhừ giường
- + hang (chồn, cáo)
- + nằm xuống, nằm dài ra
- + diễn đạt, diễn tả
- + ẩn, che đậy
Wear (ON BODY) - Wore - Worn
+ to have clothing, jewellery, etc. on your body:
+ Tracey is wearing a simple black dress.
+ What are you wearing to Caroline's wedding?
+ Some musicians don't like to wear rings when they're playing.
+ He wears glasses for reading.
+ She wears very little makeup.
- + sự mặc, những cái để mạc (quần, áo)
- + sự hao mòm, sự tổn hại, mất chất lượng
- + mang, đeo, mặc, để
+ describes a style of music, usually for dancing to, with a strong, jazz-based rhythm and a tune that repeats itself:
+ Have you heard their new record? It's really funky.
- + sôi nổi, tân thời, hiện đại